by Aaron Brethorst | October 30, 2012
Earlier today, I gave a webinar entitled Introduction to UI Automation. I want to thank all of the people who watched, and to all of you who asked questions, too.
As promised, here’s the video of the talk, along with the slides, all of the projects I mentioned, and several other resources that I have found enlightening. Let me know of any other good resources I might have missed!
Projects I mentioned
- OHHTTPStubs – Easily stub network requests for testing.
- AutomationExample – Easily interact with Instruments from the command line.
- Tuneup.js – Helpers to simplify testing with UIAutomation.
Other test frameworks
- OCUnit – Built in to Xcode, unit testing
- GHUnit – Unit testing
- KIF – Functional testing, Objective C
- Calabash – Functional testing/BDD, Ruby
- Frank – Functional testing/BDD, Ruby
Videos of visually impaired users interacting with iPhones
- How Blind People Use The iPhone 4S – Accessibility, Twitter, You Tube, Siri
- Quick Overview of VoiceOver on an iPhone
- Apple Accessibility Docs
- Apple UIAutomation Reference (PDF)
- Stress testing and hands-free screenshots with UI Automation
- More resources from CocoaManifest on UIAutomation
- Automated Testing in iOS
- Working with UIAutomation
- UIAutomation Redux – presentation to Seattle Xcoders group by Alex Vollmer
- Stack Overflow: Best resources for UIAutomation testing for iOS applications
- UIAutomation Part 2: Assertions and Imports
- Using Method-Swizzling to help with Test Driven Development
- iOS Automated Tests with UIAutomation
- WWDC 2010: Session 306 Automating User Interface Testing with Instruments
- WWDC 2011: Session 519 Web Accessibility and Automation
- WWDC 2012: Session 210 Accessibility for iOS