So, how’d I do on the WWDC rumor-mongering? Let’s have a look:
- iOS 6 and a beta of iOS 6 for developers YEP
- Improvements to iCloud YEP
- Facebook integration in iOS YEP
- Tons and tons of awesome new APIs YEP!!
- Mountain Lion release candidate YEP
- Xcode 4.4 Not exactly. One wrong.
- A release date for Mountain Lion We’ll call this a half-point.
- New hardware, especially MacBook Pros (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease let this be true, I really need a new laptop, and have been waiting for new hardware…) YEP, woohoo!
- A 100% Apple-maintained mapping system YEP
- A silver color scheme for iOS YEP
Love to see it, seems likely, but maybe just wishful thinking:
- Siri APIs Wishful thinking
- Apple TV SDK Wishful thinking
- APIs for notification screen widgets Wishful thinking
Not gonna happen:
- ‘The New iPhone’ Correct
- A TV from Apple Correct
All told, I think I was pretty much spot on. Except for those wishful thinking things, but perhaps you can award me full points for those nevertheless.